Legos and Minions and Sparkles, Oh my!

Hi everyone, sorry this post is a little delayed this week.  The past few years, along with getting older :P, I'm getting migraines.  And they suck.  All I can do is pass out in a dark room for hours and sleep till they go away.  Not fun.  (If you have any remedies, I'm so open to hearing them.)

So to the matter at hand.... about 3 years ago, we did a big renovation in our house.  We only had 2 bedrooms, and we have 2 kids.  We got in an awesome contractor and they reworked half of our main floor.  What was once a dining room, 2 bedrooms, a closet and screened in porch- is now 3 bedrooms, a full bath, a hall and a small office/den.




I really was excited to decorate both kids' rooms.  I was pretty happy with how they turned out- however, Elise's was no where near fancy or pink enough for her.

But, my kids don't like to be alone- be without each other more like.  They are buddies- someone thought they were twins at the grocery store a few weeks ago.  They aren't- they are 2 years and 2 days apart, but they are each other's other half.







So even though there are two rooms, they only sleep in one and Max's Legos have thrown up all over the other.




Oh heck yes.  This is what we are dealing with.  I thought I'd share a "real life" picture- stuff is not always neat and tidy and perfect over here.  But I did tidy up and take some pictures of what their rooms are "supposed to" look like.






(Don't mind the furry photo bomber.  She wouldn't move)





Yes, that IS a giant minion and we had to bring it home on the plane from Florida.  Funnily enough, his name is Tim.

Here's the plan.  Move them into what is now Elise's room and make what is currently Max's room into a play/toy room.  We picked up a bunk bed on Kijiji, and it's hanging in the barn waiting for one last coat of paint.  I've stripped all the vinyl from Elise's walls and will be repainting it this week.
This is a peek at my inspiration....


I picked up that rug from Target, it was on dirt cheap sale- as was her new quilt.  I'm hoping to get some of each of their personalities in there but keeping it in the rustic vintage-y style I've got going on in the house right now.  A neutral shell with hits of blue, red and pink..and some sparkle.  I've learned that if you've got an Elise, you've gotta have sparkle.  I've got some projects to share once I get things moved in there.  Wish me luck!

Comments