Oh Deer- glittered again!

Hey all- I've been MIA AGAIN.  In  my last post I shared by little sign business and the show I had coming up- I'm just now surfacing from the busy that followed.  I'm not complaining.  It was just a tad overwhelming, and I'm needing to slow down.  I know that in a month, less than a month, I'll be taking down all the decorations I just put up, and it will be winter and dark and cold.... ugh.  So right now, I want to enjoy my twinkle lights, Christmas music, goofy Christmas specials (I tried making the kids watch Smurfy Christmas last night- no go) and just slow it down.


Now I say this, but I have been doing all sorts of little projects as I've been decorating.  I'm pulling out my stuff and looking at it and thinking, how can I make this so I like it again.  Answer- paint and glitter.  Oodles and oodles of glitter.  Today I'm sharing a quick little (Cheap!!) project that anyone can do.  Seriously, if you can get yourself to the dollar store- you can do this.


 I picked up this guy at Dollarama- he was $1.25  Big spender, aren't I?   So you might like him in his "natural" state.  Nothing wrong with that.  I just didn't, I knew I could do better.  So I got out my trusty Modge Podge (love that stuff) and some glitter.



Ok, you'll notice the hairs coming out of this brush- I also spent big on those at the same store, however, you'll never notice once I'm done.  So paint this little dude with the Modge Podge- do it one section at a time.  Once you're satisfied you've got him all covered- glitter the heck out of him.



Don't waste your glitter!



Just keep on glue painting and glittering this guy till he's all covered.  Let him sit and dry so you don't smudge the glitter.  Then voila!



I love this little guy.  He's actually the second one I made.  For this one, I used Miss Mustard Seed's glass glitter.  I splurged earlier in the year on a container of this glitter to use on my signs and ornaments.  I am so in love with it.






It's actually ground glass, (so be careful!) and it gives this beautiful vintage-y feel (that I love) to my projects.  It will tarnish over time, but I love that about it too.



 Man, I just love this guy.  But if you aren't feeling the $20 for the glitter (it goes a looooong way, I still have tons left, and I have been glittering EVERYTHING)  You can totally use glitter from.... you guessed it, the dollar store.



This is the first little guy I made, I love him too.  He's the flashier brother.  He's totally into solid gold and disco music.  Tons of personality in this guy.  Reminds me of someone.....


 Yeah, we aren't lacking personality in this house.  ;)

I'm hoping to get my stuff together and maybe do a little house tour up in here next week.... but until then, take some time and enjoy the season.  Sing some songs, eat some cookies, take some hilarious pictures of your kids, just have some fun- I know I will.




Comments