pink christmas room and technology hates me


Hello friends!
It's pretty Christmas-y around this blue house- you may have been watching on Instagram- and I'm going to give you a look at my daughter's room today.

I'm thinking the title "pink christmas" was a good hint for the topic today- and to fill in the technology aspect for you...... my phone has crashed once this morning, my Instagram went haywire and I had to reset passwords and some nonsense there.  I cannot find one of my cameras and the one I have been using is being a jerk and won't work properly for me.... but I decided to #pushandplow (borrowing that one from Shelly at  House of Smiths) and get this done already.

Alright, my whining is finished.  Let's get dive into the pink, shall we?








This is the first real look at my girly's room since we moved in- it's FAR from complete.  It's all a process, and with a 7 year old- life is a process.  Am I right?

I'll let you know where some of the things are from in her room, and if I'm ambitious, I may even link them up for you.



If you remember, she insisted on a mint green room- and it is.  It's not garish, but it's mint.  No doubt about it.  Her bed is my old bed from my parents' house.  It's a double and has a box spring, that's why it is one million feet off the ground.




Her duvet cover is from WALMART!  No joke.  Seriously, it's from Walmart. As is the Eiffel Tower lamp (covering that shade has been on my list for months)  The heart with angel wings over her bed is something I picked up for her last year at the Vintage Market in Monroe, MI.  Go.  You won't regret it.  And her sequined heart pillow is from Homesense.  Oh and that PEACE glitter banner, I made it.  Don't look too closely, it is far from my finest work.




Her little tree was ALSO mine from my mom's.  And it's flocked.  We were so far ahead of our time.  Jus' sayin'.
I popped her tree into a woved basket I had to A. make it look cuter and B. to protect the floor.  I don't know about you, but I have had artificial tree bases scratch my floor one too many times.  Not gonna do it.
The tree is pretty small, so one strand of clear LED lights was enough, then I added the bigger bulbs (LED also) that I grabbed after Christmas last year at Superstore.

I cannot stress enough to shop the after Christmas sales for basics like this.  I grabbed probably 8 boxes of these lights and some of the clear, old school outdoor ones for a fraction of the price.  You might be so over it, but I'm never over saving a few bucks.

Her decorations are a mixture of ones she has collected over the years and some vintage glass bulbs that I collect.  They all just mesh together nicely.  We've never really bought with a theme in mind for her, but I get what she likes and what I think says her- and we have a cohesive, yet collected look.  The headphones are from Canadian Tire (they have some great ornaments every year)




I'm super into pompoms this year- as you'll see when I share the rest of the house- and I made this garland for her.  I sat on the couch and watch Elf and made pompoms- that's a real fun night for me, people.  And then these nutcrackers.  Sigh.  If you know me, you will be well aware of my aversion to dolls and doll type things- like nutcrackers.  Yeah- my child is enamored with them.  She ADORES nutcrackers.  I am not kidding- she lights right up when they come out on the store shelves in November.  So this is her collection so far.  You can't see the one I actually like very well, it's the one in the left corner- sporting his Hudson's Bay singlet.  That one, I like.


Along with a gummy Elsa (!) I put a bunting and garland in her window.  The bunting came in a kit, along with the honeycomb ball- from Walmart again.  I stalk the craft area for sale stuff- and this was marked down super cheap months ago, I knew I needed it.  ;)
There's also an ornament garland- and I love how it turned out.  I went through my vintage bulbs and pulled out all the pinks and a couple silvers- I was surprised how many pink ones I actually had.  Then I tacked a length of scalloped burlap ribbon (dollar store) to the window frame and just hooked the ornaments onto it.  I did bend them closed just a bit, just in case.



Under her window is her little desk area- with more nutcrackers (sigh) and her original tree.  Instead of the cheap plastic ornaments we had on it in years past, I put the rest of the vintage balls.  It made a cheap, tacky little tree, a little less cheap looking- I'm hoping less tacky, but.....
For a tree skirt, I grabbed her old tutu (it's so tiny!) out of the dress up bin and popped it on.


Last but not least, on her closet door is her monogram wreath.  So this is bordering on tacky, but she loves it, and quite honestly, so do I.  I made it for her about 4 years ago.  All the ornaments are shatterproof and that big old E is foam.  Yes, foam.  She was little and it was on her door- this was a fun option that wasn't too precious.


That's my gal's room.  I love making a little Christmas magic happen in all the areas of our home- and especially for the kids.  I love the Christmas season- it brings back such good memories of when I was a kid and I want the same thing for my guys.

I have lots more to share, and as long as the computer doesn't blow up- I will post again soon!

~laura

Comments