freshen up for spring



In springtime, the only pretty ring time- birds sing.  Hey ding, a ding a ding time.  Sweet lovers love the spring.....

Yes, I love it. 
Did you sing that in your best Gene Wilder Willy Wonka?  I know I did- but I can movie quote all day, onwards and upwards!

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Wayfair.ca to see if I would be interested in doing some blogger picks for freshening up a space for spring.  And when tasked with some online fake shopping- my answer was YES!  


The room I picked was the (master, in my mind) bedroom.  Now my bedroom doesn't need a refresh, since it's still pretty empty and blah.  It needs the first freshen before the refresh.  You may notice I still have my winter/Christmas sheets on the bed.  I need some help!
 





If you are like me, the bedroom is the last room you decorate and pretty  up.  My bedroom looks like a 16 year old lives in it, pretty much on the regular.  I work out in there, watch TV, fold laundry, Tim works- and it's a drop zone for allllll the stuff.

But it is my hideaway, when it gets too loud and crazy (which happens often) or when football or golf or the Walking Dead is on- it needs to be a cozy, comfy space- full of things I love, like my little lady, my new glasses (that Tim hates!) and my best girls.









A sweet friend of mine was changing up her space a few years ago, and had heard that I wanted and old door to make a headboard out of.  Lucky for me!  I'll take castoffs like that any day!





This is pretty much a blank space otherwise- ready for some personality......

I thought about how I would want my space to look- I don't want it to be wild and crazy or stark and bare.  Layered with patterns and textures, so it's relaxing but still fun and interesting...
like me 😉

I heart this duvet cover- black and white polka dots and little bitty ruffle... swoon!  

Dottie Duvet Cover Collection

Layer it (for those chilly nights!) with this....

Bainville 3 Piece Quilt Set


Now we all know that throw pillows are a grown woman's stuffed animal, so I had to pick out something that would fulfill that requirement, add a pop of colour and most importantly, drive Tim nuts. 

Newsome Linen Throw Pillow



Can you love a nightstand? I can.

Merrick Pedestal Table


I love the curvy lines on this- it would play off so nicely with the hard, rectangular lines of the headboard.  I think it would nicely fit my things, but not have room for too much junk.
ps. I kind of dig that squirrel too.

And you know I'm not matchy-matchy, so for the other side of the bed I thought this guy would look awesome..... space for the laptop on that pull out shelf too!

Bleau Open Nightstand


Last but not least, we have to have some lamps on those nightstands.

Burrows 26.5" Table Lamp


Neutral but with lots of texture- not only on the base, but the shade too!


All of these items are pieces that I chose myself and are my opinions only.  I wasn't paid or told to tell you these things.  I was asked to pick out some faves and pick I did!

So those are my picks from Wayfair.ca for a freshened up bedroom this spring.  Warm and cozy, but fresh and bright- just how I like my spring!  Doing all this faux shopping has given me so much inspiration to actually get to working on that space now!  And get some more throw pillows- cause you can never have enough!

Here are my spring picks along with some from some other talented bloggers- be sure to hop over to see their ideas!


My Bedroom Refresh Picks
duvets and cover sets Dottie Duvet Cover Collection
nightstands Merrick Pedestal Table
table lamps Burrows 26.5" Table Lamp
quilts and coverlets Bainville 3 Piece Quilt Set
pillows Newsome Linen Throw Pillow
Living Room refresh with Maybe Jamie
Floor Lamps Starns 63.75" Arched Floor Lamp
mirrors Wegman Accent Wall Mirror
storage boxes bins baskets and buckets Sea Grass Basket
accent chairs Eytel Armchair
Area Rugs Broken Lattice White/Light Grey Area Rug
Kitchen refresh with Sydney Dawn
food storage Wayfair Basics Plastic 27 Container Food Storage Set
kitchen towels Patterned Cotton Dishcloth
kitchen canisters Palladian Window 4 Piece Kitchen Canister Set 
bar stools Lompoc 24" Bar Stool
indoor plants Aldorough 3 Piece Faux Southwest Succulent Set
Outdoor refresh with Dumped and Hungry
outdoor fire pits Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit Table
outdoor pillows Wilkerson Round Outdoor Piped Edge Bolster Pillow
conversation sets 9 Piece Rattan Sectional Set with Cushions
planters Modesto Plastic Pot Planter
string lights 100 ft. Globe String Lights
Bathroom refresh with Design on Her Mind
scented oils and diffusers PureSpa Natural Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser
hand towels Turkish Hand Towel
bath accessory sets Fielding 3-Piece Bathroom Accessory Set
bath rugs and bath mats Cortez Bath Mat
shower curtains Everardo 100% Cotton Tassel Shower Curtain
laundry baskets and hampers Blend Laundry Hamper

Comments