road trip- Country Living Fair


Hey all!  It's another HOT September day here- unseasonably hot.  I haven't broken out the plaid and cozy sweaters, that's for sure, it's still shorts and t-shirts around here.

And it was hot last week when we took a road trip down to Columbus, Ohio to one of my favourite things- the Country Living Fair.
This was my third trip - I blogged about my other trips here and here - and I still love it.  



It's a 4+ hour trip for us, but it's worth it. 
With the Canadian dollar not the best, I was a little more conservative with what I picked up but just the ideas you get make it worth the trip. 

Also this big arse grilled cheese helped


Since there's a bit of time between now and the next one in Columbus (there's one in Atlanta in October) let's take a little virtual stroll to get you excited to make a trip of your own!

Welcome to Ohio Village- don't forget to bring a bag, a wagon or a handy cart to haul your purchases around with you!




Parking is $5- whether or not you are hauling hay and flowers.




You know you're here when you see the pumpkin mountain- it's the Cinderella castle of the fair!  But there's no mice here. I don't care how many dresses they can sew.


It's like they knew I was showing up.


Now I want all the old spindles and baby boo pumpkins. 
I don't think Tim would mind if I piled these on the mantle in front of the tv- it's not like the Lions are off to a good start anyways.....


This booth had such great ideas- so simple but so beautiful.  I'm going to head to my local ReStore and see if I can't recreate some of these for myself.  



These scrolls were TO DIE FOR.  Check her out online Cottonwood Shanty - my mom bought one, and I really want one too!  


I am telling you- they KNEW I was coming.
And just so you know, it's true.  It is exhausting.




The displays were phenomenal- creative and so visually appealing.  I wanted to buy ALL THE THINGS. I didn't, but I'll show you what I did get.


This vintage pennant.  My grandpa came from Manitoulin Island so Gore Bay holds a special place in my heart.  We used to go up north for family vacations as kids and a lot of great memories were made there.  It also really has a fall feel to it, so it was a two for one.


This vintage wood bowl.  It's fairly large and has a flat bottom.  I really wanted a dough bowl, but they were either over $100 for a vintage one or they were inexpensive reproductions.  Part of me is kicking myself for not just grabbing a repro.  But I love this bowl- I need to go grab some baby boos to give it a warm up before the big show when it holds my ornaments.

That's it!  I only picked up two things.  I think the crazy heat toned down my shopping and maybe that's not a bad thing.  Both of these pieces I love and I'll use for years to come.

Mark your calendars for next year- there was a show this spring (June) in Columbus too, maybe we will give that one a test run just to do some research for a comparison post.  😏  Cause I'm there for you guys, you know.

Until next time,
Laura

Comments

Ohhhh man, that sounds like the coolest day ever!!! I love shows that not only supply me with vintage and yummy treasures, they also inspire some creative ideas you can bring home. So you actually probably brought home way more than 2 things - if ya think about it... I wonder how many Creative Vintage Darlings were there too?