"Granella" girl

Hey everyone.  I didn't get a post in last week- I was SICK.  Ugh.  Coughing, coughing, coughing. And so, so, so tired.  I'm feeling so much better- not 100% yet, but much better.  The cold has moved onto bigger and better things, namely my girl and my husband.
So being sick for about a week and a half, I got sweet bippy done.  The kids are moved into the bedroom, the toys are moved into the playroom, but it's stalled out from there.  Nothing on the walls yet- but I'll get there.... someday!

If you follow me on Instagram at all, you will have seen this picture.





I'm in the process of getting myself ready for a Christmas gift show.  It's my first time being a vendor in it.  I'm really excited and nervous and behind!  I've got tons of work to do, but life keeps shaking my snowglobe and my days keep getting rearranged.  Oh well.  I will get'er done.  I have done it before, I will do it again.  And I will be a fashion plate while doing it.


Pretty cute, huh?  :P

I'll tell you more about all that stuff next week when (if) I'm finished, but today I wanted to share a quick, yummy recipe.

I was listening to the radio on my way to work the other day, and there was some clip from Sanjay Gupta, and he was talking about breakfast cereals.  I actually retained some of the info(!)- he had said to make sure that the sugar content is less than 10 g per serving- I had to do groceries today and have been totally craving granola.  I went into the natural  section and started checking out the tasty sounding boxes of cereal.  Holy moly.  Everything was at least 10g of sugar per serving.  Seriously- I saw some that were 13 and 15 g.  And this stuff is supposed to be healthy.  Healthy as a Snickers.

I came home and decided if I wanted some granola, I need to stop being so lazy and just make some. It's super easy, and I had all the ingredients at home.



This is a tasty fall-ish granola, with everyone's favourite flavour- pumpkin!  Pumpkin is great for you, it's full of Vitamins E, B6, A and C, fibre, folate, potassium and iron.  The sweetener in this one is maple syrup too, not table syrup (that AIN"T MAPLE SYRUP!!!  I don't care how many pancakes you put it on!).  The original recipe called for some white sugar, but I decided to dump it and it still turned out sweet and delicious.  So I'm done, here's the recipe and some pics to show you some steps along the way.

Pumpkin Maple Nut Granola

(adapted from Minimalist Baker)

3 cups large flake oatmeal (if you're gluten free, get yourself some GF oats)
1 1/4 cup nuts (I used walnuts, you could use pecans or maybe some almonds)
1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling, real pumpkin)
1/3 cup maple syrup

Preheat your oven to 350 F.

Mix the oats, nuts, seeds, salt and spices in a large bowl.


Put the coconut oil, pumpkin and maple syrup in a small saucepan and warm it on the stove.






Whisk it together till it's all smooth. (or spatula it)

Pour the mixture over the oats/nuts/seeds and mix it well.




Spread it out on a baking sheet and bake for 22 - 25 minutes.



Once it's cool (if you can wait)- you can eat it plain, with yogurt, milk, almond milk, whatever your little heart desires.

Mine desires it plain.


So does hers.



This girl loooooves her "granella".  It's one of her favourite things.  She gave it a big thumbs up messy grin.




Comments