my favourite instagrammers

Ok, so it's August?  Time is FLYING by, actually, let me clarify- SUMMER is flying by.  My to-do list is still as long as it ever was- but I'm trying to enjoy every day my kids are home.  And that's only about 3 more weeks!  Instead of painting, filling holes in the trim & hanging artwork, I'm swimming, listening to play by plays of American Ninja Warrior (my son is OBSESSED), riding bikes- all that fun summer stuff.

As you're probably realizing - I don't have any finished projects or rooms to share with you today (I will- one day, I swear) so I wanted to still pop in this month and share a favourite thing with you.  I'm going to try to do this every so often to share with and maybe introduce you to something new and cool and maybe something different.

I don't know about you- but I LOVE Instagram.  I.  Love.  It.  It is by far and away my favourite form of social media- sorry Pinterest, you're still up there too.  I'm really visual so seeing the pics with a short caption tends to really inspire and/or entertain me.

Like this.













Or this.



Or even this.



Here are a few of my favourite instagrammers- I've linked up their instas and their blogs/websites, they are truly not to be missed.

@deannart

Fine Art by Deann
www.deanndesigns.com



Holy moly guys.  I love, love @deannart

Her art is AMAZING.  I am past the point of wanting a piece, I need a piece.  Seriously.  I'm not an art connoisseur, I'm the last person to claim  to be, but I think these pieces are just absolutely stunning.  It is my style (barns people, please) in that modern country farmhouse relaxed feel.  But I do think, if it speaks to you, no matter your style- go for it.

Just look at these and try not to love them.

Down Home

Down Home www.deanndesigns.com

Angel Watching Over You

Angel Watching Over You www.deanndesigns.com

AmongAspens

Among Aspens www.deanndesigns.com

(i've hinted to some people (mom) that my birthday is coming and there is a possible Nashville road trip in the works and i know what i will be bringing home with me!)  

Seriously, follow @deannart on instagram- you won't be disappointed.


@housesevenblog


House Seven
http://www.houseseven.blogspot.ca/


I stumbled onto Anissa's feed on a follow Friday (this is when Instagrammers will feature usually 4 of their favourite feeds and suggest them to their own followers- if that description makes sense to you, yay for me)  I love her feed.  Her house is gorgeous.  Her pictures are amazing- so crisp, bright and full of light (I really, really have to up my game with the picture taking)  I've scrolled through her feed and have found all kinds of inspiration, it is one of those ones that stick in my head- and I have to go back and find that image that struck me.  Btw, her girls are super, super cute too. I love her white walls- how clean and crisp it all is.  But Tim is Mr Colour, Mr (almost) Crazy Colour and I just can't do it.  But I can live vicariously through @housesevenblog  BTW, go check out Anissa's blog too www.houseseven.blogspot.ca  You'll get more than these little snippets- house tour (woo hoo!) and some awesome projects and stellar finds.  Don't miss it.


 image via @housesevenblog

One of my most favourite living spaces ever.

image via @housesevenblog

My favourite kitchen.  Of all time.

image via @housesevenblog



@lizmariegalvan

Liz Marie Blog
www.lizmarieblog.com



I can't even remember how I found Liz.  I am so glad that I did.  Another talented lady with style that I luuurve.  Farmhouse, old junk, I'm in heaven.  Her house (her old house, she's moved  *no, I'm not a stalker, I just read and retain, ok?*) at Christmas- stunning!  Hop over to her blog too  Liz Marie Blog- projects, makeovers, more house tours.  She also has a booth at Painted Farmgirl in Michigan   This is another one of those places I have to go- being in Michigan, it's not that out of the realm of possibility.  She's full of ideas, great tips and she's always smiling.  Always.  And goodness knows, we all need to do more of that.



image via @lizmariegalvan


image via @lizmariegalvan


I told you.  Amazing
.
image via @lizmariegalvan


@whimsygirl
Whimsy Girl
http://www.whimsygirldesign.blogspot.ca/


Lindsay is another follow Friday find (nice alliteration, huh?  i work in a library, i can't help it)
Love her style too.  Her house is another gorgeous piece of work- I love, love her eating area in her kitchen.  So perfect.  Projects, home decor, cool finds - every time she posts a picture, I think - Ah!  I love that! I have to do that! I need to find that!  I find that her pictures give off this warm, cozy, comfy vibe- I can just imagine her house is one you'd settle in and not want to leave! (she changes up her kitchen chalkboard pretty often- I'm terrible at that at my house- her Easter one with the peeps- awesome)


That wall of plates- that's what got me.  I adore it.

image via @whimsygirldesign





image via @whimsygirldesign


I need to do this.  That is all.

image via @whimsygirldesign


@jonesdesigncompany

Jones Design Company
www.jonesdesigncompany.com


Emily of Jones Design Company.  If you've been reading my blog, you know I am a big fan of Emily's.  I love her blog, and her insta is really stellar too.  She has this touch- she makes everything pretty.  I wish I could do that.   If you aren't already following Emily and you aren't reading her blog Jones Design Company  what are you waiting for.  Seriously.  Do it.  Now.

My second favourite kitchen ever.
image via @jonesdesigncompany


My favourite-est of living spaces.
image via @jonesdesigncompany


See what I mean, everything is just pretty- even if it's Seahawks themed... Go Lions (she says quietly)
image via @jonesdesigncompany



image via @jonesdesigncompany



***I did ask all of these lovely ladies for permission to use their photos and to link up to their accounts. They all so kindly and graciously said yes- I was kind of "fan girl" tickled when they did. Ok, not kind of,  I was pretty geeked.

So if you're not on instagram, download the app, it's free.  Check out these ladies, and follow me (@laurawilky) and start your own "visual diary"  You will be so glad you did!

Comments