adventure time

Hello all- it's been awhile, hasn't it?

In my last post, way back in May, I told you that the house was going up for sale.  We listed for three months with a realtor- no bites.  That was a bummer.  A big one.
After the listing expired- we decided to list on our own.  We had to wait the required time and then we "got the house ready" again.  The company we used and the package we bought included them taking pictures and giving us the spiel.  I think this was a Wednesday or Thursday night in September. That Friday we pounded the sign in and jumped back into the real estate pool.

Saturday morning we had a knock at our door.  Some people from out of town were touring around with their agent and they wanted to see our barn.  Two weeks later- we had an offer.
And now....


I still can hardly believe it.

So what's next?

An adventure.

We are going to build a house. 

 Exciting.

Kinda scary.  

I'll be documenting it here and checking in more often on Instagram- I have a new account devoted to the blog you can start following it here https://www.instagram.com/onehouse2barns/

We are going to be doing the general contracting ourselves (mainly me) so I hope to share some of the things I learn- which will likely be a lot, since I know pretty much zero to start with.  Our plans are coming this week and I'll give you a peek at them soon and share the oodles of ideas I have pinging around in my head for the new place.  There's a lot of them!

I'll be back soon with some more pics and less words- I promise!

~l

Comments