september faves



I tried many moons ago to do a little monthly round up of my favourite things- you can see how well that worked out because you probably forgot I did it.

Well, I'm trying again.

If you know me very well, you know I'm a hunter of things.  Not of animal things- furry animal or wild, exotic animal- or any animal for that matter.  Unless maybe it's made of brass or ceramic.

Ok, let's be real.  I like to shop.  There, I said it.

I don't always buy, but I shop.  I pretty much do the internet version of window shopping, it gives me ideas for all kinds of stuff, clothing, decor, makeup, etc.- so I thought I'd put all that time to good use and share some of the things I find each month with you.  I know not everyone is a hunter (mom) so let me do it for you.  I'm really doing you a solid here, I'm not feeding into my habit of creeping.  Not a bit.  I'm doing it for you, dear reader.  Cause I'm just that nice.  😉





I'm pretty much in love with H&M home.  I just refreshed my pillow covers for fall, and don't tell Tim, but I'm eyeing up some more for Christmas.  They are great quality at a great price.


Cotton Velvet Cushion Cover - Emerald green - Home All | H&M CA 1

These cotton velvet ones are even better in person

And these simple cotton canvas ones are great to add an easy pop of colour


These tea towels and this runner are on my list for next order

Linen-blend Tea Towel - Charcoal gray/checked - Home All | H&M CA 1


We're trying to make switches all the time in our house to things that are better for the environment and for ourselves.  I bought these stainless steel straws from Well.ca in the summer and we love them.  They come with a little brush to make cleaning them a breeze.

Onyx Stainless Steel Straws


And maybe you know this, but I'm not a spring chicken anymore.  

More like a summer chicken.

I'm trying to up my skincare game- because wrinkles and I'm vain.
I am also trying to use mainly green and natural products in my routine so, I grabbed this AHA peel by Derma E from Well and have been using it to get rid of some marks and imperfections on my face.  It's very gentle and I'm noticing how much smoother and more even my skin is. 


Derma E Overnight Peel

This Halloween candy tote bag from Chapters Indigo.
I love Halloween- especially cute stuff like this.  It's better than a plastic shopping bag that rips and one of those plastic buckets that fit exactly one tiny bag of chips and a bite size Snickers. It would be a great library book bag too!


INDIGOKIDS TOTE BAG HALLOWEEN SCAREDY CAT

And I also love mugs.  Halloween + mugs make Laura a happy girl.  Or summer chicken.  Whatever.
It even has rosy cheeks.  Come.  On.  

Expression Mug - Hey Boo


I'm having a moment with quirky earrings.  So far my collection includes pretzels, weiner dogs and grapefruit slices.  Banana Republic is hitting it out for the park for me with these- I'm wanting to add:

These acorns
product photo
These cats
product photo

and these hashtags.  Or for old people, number signs.
product photo
I grew up with a record player. 
A Mickey Mouse one, to be exact.  

My brother and I jammed to all kinds of vinyl, like Olivia Newton John, Anne Murray, Kenny and Dolly and polka.  

Yes.  Polka.  

We were hardcore.

I love the sound of a record- nothing beats The Gambler on vinyl.  Well, at least not for me- as you all know by now, I'm all about the nostalgia.  So on my list is a record player.  Not Mickey this time though.
I've been searching on Amazon for a not too expensive one, and I think this one fits the bill.  Plus- it's TURQUOISE!  WANT.


Last but certainly not least, something that won't cost you a dime but is just as awesome- is my pal Laurie and her dynamite blog Vin'yet Etc



She has a style that I love- and all kinds of killer vintage things that I WANT.  Plus, she's sweet and hilarious.  Like, almost as funny as I am.  You'll love her.

That's my round up for this month.  I can guarantee you I will be scouting for more things- my birthday is coming..... and you know I'm already anxiously awaiting the Christmas decor.

Until then- happy shopping!

Laura

Comments

Linda said…
Laura, every time you post,I want to go shopping!! And this week has no time to spare!! You should become a savvy shopper for hire- you would be swamped with takers!!